Reflexology is the gentle art form of therapeutic foot massage. It aims to treat the individual as a whole incorporating body, mind and spirit.
Reflexology is a specific pressure technique which works on precise reflex points on the feet, based on the premise that reflex areas on the feet correspond with all body parts.
Pressure is applied to the reflex areas using specific thumb and finger techniques. This causes physiological changes to take place in the body as the body's own healing potential is stimulated.
Reflexology can be beneficial for many conditions:
- Helps with sleeping problems
- Alleviates stress
- Calms digestive disorders
- Boosts immunity
- Eases muscular tension
- Improves menstrual cycles
- Restores health and vitality
The goal of reflexology is to trigger the return to homeostasis - a state of balance. The most important step towards achieving this is to reduce tension and induce relaxation.
What reflexology can do for you in pregnancy:
- Eliminate oedema and reduce swelling in feet and ankles
- Prevents morning sickness
- Improve sleep quality
- Clear headaches
- Relieve varicose veins
- Clear pelvic congestion
- Improve lymphatic drainage
- Aid digestion
- Oxygenate the baby by improving the blood flow within your whole body
- Help to carry your baby to term
- Can be use to initiate labour if you are overdue
Regular treatment can help to reduce labour times, as well as helping with postnatal depression and general relaxation.
Reflexology is a very gentle and natural way to recover following the birth of your baby. Postnatal reflexology sessions will give you a much needed opportunity to relax.
The treatment may also:
- Help to alleviate anxiety and baby blues
- Ease breastfeeding and encourage lactation
- Ease digestive problems
- Reduce the discomfort of haemorrhoids
- Encourage menstrual cycle to return to normal
The first one hour session will include a brief consultation to establish your medical history and current situation, followed by the treatment. All further sessions will last around an hour.
Please note a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation is required for all sessions.
To request further details or book an appointment you can call or email us by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of this website.
Alternatively you can submit an enquiry through the form on our contact page.