What should I expect at the First Consultation?
During the First Consultation an initial in-depth case history will be taken.
Questions will be asked including:
- Past Medical History i.e.Falls, RTAs (Road Traffic Accidents), Fractures (broken bones), X-rays
- Any Conditions suffered
- Any medication being taken for any reason.
An Examination of the affected area will be assessed comprising of:
- Spinal Movements (i.e flexing forward to touch your toes)
- Reflexes and other tests done
- Blood Pressure taken
For this you will be requested to remove outer clothing, I do ask patients to bring shorts and a loose fitting T- shirt with them to change into.
- A discussion of findings, followed by a diagnosis and suitable treatment plan. Treatment is included within all first consultations.
An example of a treatment
- Massage to relax tight muscles.
- Gentle movement of joints and other pain free techniques to allow improved flexibility and movement of the body.
- Home advice consisting of specific exercises and hot and cold applications, will also be given to help you treat the area yourself in between sessions.
Does My GP Need to Refer me?
No, you can just ring and make an appointment, however you may want to speak to your private health insurer first to obtain an authorisation number before commencing with treatment.
How do I book an appointment?
Please call to arrange an appointment on:
(Mobile) 0777 932 6101